Best ROI Home Renovations
Here are some great renovations you can make to your home before you sell or even while your living in it that will greatly increase the value of your home. Most of us know that renovating your home is a great way to increase the value of your home and even the chances that it will sell, but we don’t always know what renovation project to pick. Here are a handful of ideas that traditionally yield the highest return and typically help with the likelihood that your house will sell quickly. If you see something that is not mentioned feel free to let us know, and if you see some great ideas share it with your friends.
- 1) Light fixtures – fixing your light fixtures and ceiling fans throughout your home is an inexpensive way to add value to your home. The subtle details of light fixtures often times make a huge difference in the perceived value of your home. The old cheap looking gold plated lighting of the 90’s can make your home look out-dated, where as modern rustic fixtures can give the feel of elegance and value.
- 2) Flooring – Flooring is more of a costly renovation but one that if done right can really increase the value of your home. Make sure to keep up with the trends as well as do something that is timeless. The old shag carpets of the 70’s and the old practice of putting carpet in the bathroom should be done away with. Nice tile, marble, or wood floors are a great way to ensure you get value out of your investment.
- 3) Counter tops – this is no surprise to many and typically one of the first things that people renovate in their home. Granite counter tops are the new standard and selling a home without them is often times challenging. Even though the new homeowner can replace the countertops themselves, and to their liking, the hassle of doing that often leads the potential buyers to choose a different home. When it comes to purchasing a home you have to think if the path of least resistance. People want to do what is easiest for them, often times they want to purchase a home that is “turn key” and ready to go as is. The thought of renovating a home after purchasing it, seems like too much work for buyers and often detours potential buyers from choosing your home.
- 4) Bathrooms – Renovating the bathrooms and especially the master is usually a sure fire way to get the best return on your investment. Women especially love a newly renovated bathroom, with a “big bathtub.” Make sure everything matches when you decide to renovate and you can almost guarantee a great return.
- 5) Landscape – landscaping can be an inexpensive way to really enhance the exterior aesthetics of your home. A nicely landscaped front yard is the first thing people see and works well at making a lasting first impression. Additionally, a well groomed backyard often sells the home and is becomes the retreat that people desire in a home.
- 6) kitchen – the kitchen is another well known renovation with a great ROI. Make sure to keep it tasteful and timeless. Investing in modern appliances, sink fixtures and cabinetry often yields a great return on investment.
There are many great enhancements that you can make to your home to really bring some rejuvenated value. I recommend starting with aspects of your home that you can feel are outdated. Whether its your carpet, countertops, or even the paint on your walls. Those initial face lifts typically make for the greatest renovation opportunities. Also remember to focus on the details, sometimes staining your cabinets or getting new cabinet handles and light fixtures gets you the most return on your investment.